Moving on, you’ll see how to use and customize various D3 axes and master transition to add bells and whistles to otherwise dry visualizations. You’ll also learn to work with charts, hierarchy, graphs, and build interactive visualizations. Next you’ll work with Force, which is one of the most awe-inspiring techniques you can add to your visualizations, and you’ll implement a fully functional Choropleth map (a special purpose colored map) in D3.
Finally, you’ll learn to unit test data visualization code and test-driven development in a visualization project so you know how to produce high-quality D3 code.
- Get a solid understanding of the D3 fundamentals and idioms
- Use D3 to load, manipulate, and map data to any kind of visual representation on the web
- Create data-driven dynamic visualizations that update as the data does
- Leverage the various modules provided by D3 to create sophisticated, dynamic, and interactive charts and graphics
- Create data-driven transitions and animations within your visualizations
- Understand and leverage more advanced concepts such as force, touch, and Geo data visualizations