If you are an experienced web designer who wants to set the tone for an immersive design environment in your applications then this book is for you.
Besides the basic concepts, this book will show you how you can create realistic looking 3D objects using materials and textures as well as how to load them from externally created models. You’ll learn how to easily control the camera using the Three.js build-in camera controls so you can fly or walk around the 3D scene you have created. You will also learn how to use morph and bones-based animation and how to add physics to your scene.
- Create standard HTML skeleton and render loops for your Three.js projects
- Learn how to use the different geometries that are provided by Three.js
- Apply realistic lighting and shadows to the 3D objects you have created
- Learn how the different types of materials in Three.js work and how they interact with your 3D objects and the rest of the environment
- Use the different camera controls provided by Three.js to effortlessly navigate around your 3D scene
- Work with a particle system to create snow, rain, and galaxy-like effects
- Import and animate models from external formats such as OBJ, STL, Collada, and much more
- Create and run animations using either morph targets or bones animations
- Use advanced textures on materials to create realistic looking 3D objects using bump maps, normal maps, specular maps, and light maps
- Change the output of Three.js rendered using one of its post processing options
- Interact directly with WebGL by creating custom vertex and fragment shaders